PDA

View Full Version : can you hold a job with your anxiety?

ls
11-20-2006, 09:33 PM
I have lost two jobs now becasue of panic attacks and daily anxiety. I am thinking of going on Socail Security Disabiliy, but I know it is hard to get on for anxiety, depression, panic, agorphobia and the such.
Does anyone have any advise? I am finding it hurting my self esteem that I cannot keep a job. I am there a year, then it becomes unbearable.

Help.

duddits
11-21-2006, 11:49 AM
Hello Ls, and thanks for participating in our forum. I too have anxiety (social anxiety disorder) that is, and I sometimes think it would probably be better to get on SSD. I have a friend who has anxiety and panic attacks and who also couldn't handle his job because of it. He's has a slew of appointments so he can get on SSD, and I'm thinking he may actually get it. I will contact you to let you know how his attempt goes.

ls
11-21-2006, 05:24 PM
thanks for the welcome. I have suffered with this for ten years, I am now 30. I am thinking of taking a year or two off and just focusing on getting myself better and on my two children. If I can empower myself to get some control on anxiety..my life would be filled with endless possibilities. I know disability looks at education, and yes I am well educated. Also, they look at how work history is. Mine is pretty consistent..but my last few jobs I had to quit. Also, I attend therapy once a week...what a God send. Therapy can work wonders with the right therapist. This forum has offered me daily support. 8)

Thanks Again. I appreciate all the support.

emz_1986
11-22-2006, 03:25 AM
i can't even go into work at times. I get to worked up about it. i'll be working away then i'll have a sudden rush of panic go through me and i have to get out!! it feels uncontrollable...