PDA

View Full Version : changing medication - effects

Xtee
10-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Hi,

Short story.. I was on Zoloft 300mg for approx 1 year (maybe up to 18 months - cant remember exactly) however it seemed to lose its effect on me around 3 months ago. My Psychiatrist took me off Zoloft and put me on Pristiq (gradually off lol).

Im currently on 200mg of Pristiq and have noticed that a dark cloud or general cloudiness has lifted. Its also like my creative side has returned from a 10 year sleep! Im a very musical person.. started playing piano at age 4, trombine at 10, bass trombone at 14.. but stopped when I hit 18. Im now 28 and I have found myself freakin writing songs, and really really enjoying creative writing (I was awesome at creative writing at school).

Im wondering if there is anyone else out there who have had this sort of change? Im assuming its because of the drug change and Zoloft was holding me back but its like Pristiq has awakened me from a long sleep. I feel to a lesser extent like the main character off Limitless the movie.. not sure if this makes sense.. but part of my brain has been awakened (after a long sleep).

Is Zoloft known for making you cloudy? Not even sure if thats the right word..

Anyway, I'm also on 10mg of Diazapam and have been on that for a couple years.

Ive had months and months of time off work over the past 3 years due to depression/anxiety/panic attacks/aggoraphobia. But feel Im finally now getting better.

Sorry I love to rant and rave and write at the moment. And when I get started, its hard to stop. This has been since going off Zoloft and going on Pristiq.

Let me know your thoughts?!