PDA

View Full Version : darkness makes anxiety worse?

nervousbutterflies
10-02-2011, 06:58 PM
does anybody's anxiety get worse when the seasons change and it starts to get darker later? I am feeling dread just thinking of it being dark at 4 pm and it makes me really really anxious. I have been doing great for a while i think from the zoloft i just felt good and not anxious and then all of a sudden ! BAM! anxiety creepin up because of this cold and from the darkness! Does anybody else get this way and are there any tips?

I am especially dreading the winter time :(

Sarah92
10-02-2011, 07:03 PM
I feel the same way. My mood changes drastically with the seasons, I feel like such a happier, freer person in the summer. I also feel most anxious/depressed in the evening time.

nervousbutterflies
10-02-2011, 09:47 PM
me too! it is a horrible thing! i remember when i was young and loveeddd when it would snow and i would get snowed in but now it freaks me out!!! i remember a while ago before i had this anxiety there was a bad snowstorm and i was at my friends who lived on a culdesack. Her neighbor had a heart attack and the ambulance came but could not get out of the cudesack due to the snow! he died:( thats why i hate the snow :(

jessed03
10-03-2011, 03:19 PM
I think lot's of people, even those so-called 'normal' folk suffer from some degree of mood change during the changing of the seasons. I've always been hit pretty hard by it, I go from insomnia to oversleeping, optimistic to terrified. I'm hoping now I'll be more prepared for it all and avoid some of the pitfalls. I'm actually quite apprehensive about this month, as it was in October my world sort of collapsed and I developed anxiety disorder and OCD. I guess it's the cold, the darkness, the time changes. It messes with our body chemistry.