PDA

View Full Version : Getting over the hump of meds in the first few weeks

SnakeOilSalesman
09-21-2011, 06:04 PM
I Just started back on Zoloft and it is definitely helping with my anxiety. I found this amazing website and registered. the past few weeks for me have been really tough. i have been experiencing new symptoms of gad prior to taking meds. it had me a bit freaked out. I cried for the first time in a long time. it all started with chest "Pain" which was diagnosed as acid reflux caused by anxiety and bad diet. Also i was going through some wild dizzy/ off balance days . so i had ekg, bloodwork, and xrays done at the er ... all came back fine. it was just me freaking out does anyone else stress over this? my meds are helping alot i just dont want to feel alone

jessed03
09-22-2011, 07:47 AM
Hey SNS,

Good to see somethings touching the anxiety. Thats the downside of meds really, the start up period. For me I just kept distracted as much as I could. I didn't really feel like doing much, so I just played huge amounts of video games, and watched tonnes of movies and TV. I basically just gave myself permission to feel anything I felt for a couple of weeks.

I think it did help, the many bizarre and strange symptoms that occured, I simply said "Thats anxiety, leave it be". Those words went through my head hundreds of thousands of times in the space about 2 months. I would go for short walks, listen to music, play chess online. I also did some short periods of relaxation. There are literally tonnes on youtube, find anyone you find interesting. It wasn't a nice situation, but it got me through about 8 weeks, in which time things settled dramatically, and I was able to take further steps on really tackling the issues I was dealing with.