PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE cognitive behavioural therapy CURE OR NOT??

Britney
09-21-2011, 03:33 AM
Hi all, I was wondering has anyone done cognitive behavioural therapy for anxiety and panic attacks and what is it. I am at the end of my rope and don't know what to do. All therapists are so expensive,like 180 dollars a session. I really cant afford it because I am not working at the moment. Please give me advise on weather it will be worth it or not. I have got zoloft off my doctor and have it a month but havent taken it, the next step is either take the zoloft or go to a therapist. Please, all suggestions will be helpful.
Thank you,
Britney

victor.gatto
10-10-2011, 06:23 PM
it is best not to go on medication. CBT works! trust me, go to your psychologist and get some cbt done.

I am on a mental health care plan, its like 18 sessions for free. You should enquire :)

Schatmeisje
10-10-2011, 11:46 PM
I have done it without medication, but it all honestly CBT is something you can do yourself as well (if you cant go to a psychologist) I do it myself with the help of my partner and my mum, as it is us that has to do the hard work anyway, not the psychologist. Myabe go to a few sessions with the psychologist, get some information and strategies from them, and if you cant afford to keep going, you can continue on your own and see how you go.

Kev has also previously posted a link up for some free cbt workbooks you can do yourself: http://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/resources/consumers.cfm

good luck xxxx