PDA

View Full Version : find the words to make me better.

Kayla23
11-18-2006, 06:58 PM
It's really comforting knowing that I'm not the only one so let me know if you experience this. I had my first panic attack on christmas 2004 however prior to this every now and then i would feel my heart skip or add beats. once I had a panic attack they occured pretty frequently. by april i was getting back to doing normal things without freaking out and slowly, but surely i got back into doing almost whatever I wanted with out having an attack until August of this year I was drving and i felt my heart palpitate and ever since then ive been focusing on it and my anxiety progressively got worse. The weird thing is, I use to focus on my heart racing now I just notice that it skips or adds beats, so basically it's jsut taken a different form. The problem is is that I have the hardest time believing that palpitations are just my anxiety and i worry about them constantly. It's controlling my life. Everywhere I am i worry about wether or not it's going to happen. I havent seen my niece, brother, sister or father in months. I've been to doctors and psychiatrists and i just feel like I'm at a loss.

ls
11-18-2006, 11:41 PM
how about going to the doctors and getting your heart checked out..or have you already done this. Then, you will know if you have a heart problem or anxiety. If a doctor tells you that nothing is wrong, it may ease your anxiety.

In the meantime, breathe....appreciate life. I am sure you are ok.

LS