PDA

View Full Version : Anticipating anxiety attacks?

ReadyforPeace
09-19-2011, 02:17 AM
So there has been one other, other than tonight, occurrence that I recall where my anxiety had gotten worse right before a stressful event or an event that makes me nervous, and then I have an anxiety attack and then I can really relax. For instance tonight my anxiety started bothering me real bad I wasn't sure it was anxiety until after what just happened. Something just occurred that made me nervous and resulted in an anxiety attack and now I feel relaxed. And the thing is it was a random thing not something I could have expected or gotten stressed about before hand. So my question is have any of you reading this experienced heightened anxiety before a stressful event or an event that makes you nervous when it's a completely random occurrence and something you could not have expected? I apologize if this s all jumbled I'm still a bit jittery. Thank you in advance for your help.

Anxiety beater
09-21-2011, 02:30 PM
It's very natural to get anxious before a stressful event - and not necessarily abnormal at all. All anxiety isn't necessarily bad for us - we get anxious for a reason, anxiety is one of our body's protective mechanisms to get us ready to deal with potentially dangerous situations. The problem is when it gets out of hand and we start feeling anxious for no good reason at all. Think about it - if we didn't get anxious about, say, taking an exam, maybe we wouldn't work so hard to get a good grade - and performers often say that the buzz of anxiety before going on stage can result in a better performance. Sometimes it helps just to accept our anxiety, don't fight it so much and it will pass much more quickly.

rubyslippers
09-21-2011, 04:33 PM
Sometimes if I'm feeling anxious before something that is making me nervous I wish that the attack would just hurry up because I feel so relaxed and different after.