PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety triggers

rubyslippers
09-17-2011, 02:44 PM
One of the main triggers of my anxiety is if I'm on my own or with people who won't be able to cope with me having an attack or worse. Right now I'm babysitting which I do most weekends because I'm too scared to drink on my meds, I can go out and not drink and have a good time but I'm a bit skint until the student loan comes (kerchingggg) I worry that if I have an attack or faint/collapse/die then they won't know what to do and make things worse. I'm getting chest pains and feel a bit nervous, my body is shaking. I know that this is the start of my anxiety klcking in and I'm trying to knock it on the head because thinking about it is making me worse. I don't want to ruin anyones night but fear I may have to if I can't calm down. Has anyone got any advice what to do to take my mind off things? Or any relaxation techniques?

Thank you and god bless you all my fellow anxiety/depression sufferers!

biceps72
09-17-2011, 04:24 PM
breathe deeply!! inhale deeply and exhale slowly 10 times. listen to music you like, watch tv you like, you need to distract your mind, can you work out? run in place, do situps?

This too shall pass!!!

rubyslippers
09-17-2011, 05:41 PM
And it did just that. I was okay after about 30mins but then again I did have 4 children, 2 dogs (1 pregnant) 1 parrot, 1 hawk and baby ferrets to look after! Definately took my mind off it. Thank you for the tips!

rubyslippers
09-17-2011, 06:24 PM
Thank you Kev! That helped a lot! I will try everything you suggested and you are right on the majority of things. You sound like a pro, have you beaten anxiety?