PDA

View Full Version : Do i have Anxiety?

cb360
09-13-2011, 10:49 AM
Hello

For alot of years i have suffered from strange thoughts about this going fast. or like im on a ride spinning or flying ect. I know its not real but they really scare me and worry me. Also songs can play on my mind that can imagine fast.
They seem to be worse when something is comming up. When i get the thoughts i get headaches find it hard to sleep, eat and get sweaty sometimes and find iot hard to concerntrate on other things.

I had my attack last night i had an amazing day and was lying wiht my girlfriend and it just happened for no reason.
I did have college today for the first time in two months a start of a new year.

I get scared and worried about my future because of it.

Once i have had the Attack i seem to worry about it all day incase the thoughts come back and if i cant control them.
And that makes me scared.

I was hit by a car whe i was like 7 and feared cars but no longer do i also dont like rides and fear them (bigish ones up)

Does this sound like Anxiety in a way?

Thanks

Callum

Nice to talk to people who understand

brady
09-13-2011, 10:53 AM
Hey dude, Im not sure i understand what you mean by seeing things going fast :s could you explain what it felt like when you had this "attack?"

cb360
09-13-2011, 12:17 PM
Hello

Yes of course. I have had them before but let me explain:

I was sitting there happy with my girlfriend when all of a sudden the thoughts of being on like a theme park ride and like going fast and things going fast come to my head. I know they arnt real but they scare me. I find it hard to rest or concentrate on anything else it get hot and my heart races. I get worried i am going to loose control. Once i am calm i still get scared and worried by the idea i am going to go mad and the thoughts stay in my head i dont know why, and i find it hard to sleep, eat sometimes and hard to take my mind of it.
It's like i get scared of having the attacks and thoughts. I know the thoughts are perculuar i they annoy me i cant find hardly any other mental problem closer than anxiety to explain them. I dont know if the thoughts class as Intrusive thoughts.

Thanks