PDA

View Full Version : Shaky voice ALL the time.

pchokry93
09-12-2011, 03:43 PM
this recently happened about 3 months ago. Whenever i talk, my voice sounds shaky and sounds like i'm going to cry or something. its really embarrassing. Whats really upsetting me is that it happens when i talk to ANYONE even my parents and when I'm not nervous at all. I don't know what to do and i feel like i cant talk to anyone because of this shaky nervous voice that i have for no reason at all.It feels like my throat is tight and cant support any of my words :( Please if anyone knows what this is or how to treat it, i would be very appreciative. thanks.

pchokry93
09-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Stuttering? i haven't actually been stuttering at all actually. its just my voice i feel like im having a hard time pushing it out or im losing my breath or something. and sometimes it feels like my throat is tightening up and get really nervous and shaky. idk why this is happening to me i was fine three months ago ...and i dont want to go to the doctor, i really dont want to be on any type of drug...though natural remedies are fine. thanks kev.

leighs
09-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Are you having other anxiety symptoms?

pchokry93
09-13-2011, 05:56 AM
yeas somewhat....i mean im only 18 years old. i get really anxious when in school and my heart pounds and i get that sinking feeling in my stomach for no reason.

brady
09-13-2011, 06:08 AM
I used to get this, do you have palpitations by any chance? if your heart is beating heavy or fast that may result in a shaky voice, or if you are actually having an anxiety attack while you talk it will probably make your voice shaky aswell, because you are taking in more air than you normally would.

pchokry93
09-13-2011, 01:21 PM
sometimees i do feel as if my heart is beating faster than normal especially when i get nervous i feel like its going to pop out of my chest

brady
09-13-2011, 01:42 PM
Yeah it may not even need to beat faster though only harder, and you will féel it if you are having palpitations.

PBYUM
09-13-2011, 03:16 PM
I agree, It's caused from your heart beating faster/harder due to anxiety. It happens to me sometimes when I'm jot able to relax

kellyzac
09-15-2011, 09:33 AM
I can find myself slurring my words or mixing them up but i only get the shaky voice when im full on having an anxiety atttack. I have learnt though that anxiety can cause things to happen to you that you wudnt believe!

brady
09-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Yeah you just need to relax abit dude. take deep breaths.

Ponder
01-06-2015, 02:36 AM
When I struggle with my voice, it's usually because I feel worthless ... sick and tired of soldiering on - my emotions are all over the place. I am tired of having to act a certain way and sick of trying to please that I no longer know how it is that I am suppose to be, or just giving in to those things inside my head that may not even exist anymore.

Of course this in only my take ... your spin my be entirely different. I try to look beyond the physical manifestations of anxiety because I already know that that is ... and in this case it's a shaky voice that simply won't go away. My explanation given, pretty much sums up how I am feeling when I struggle like so.

Good luck with working out what makes yours shake.

Im-Suffering
01-06-2015, 06:07 AM
When I struggle with my voice, it's usually because I feel worthless ... sick and tired of soldiering on - my emotions are all over the place. I am tired of having to act a certain way and sick of trying to please that I no longer know how it is that I am suppose to be, or just giving in to those things inside my head that may not even exist anymore.

Of course this in only my take ... your spin my be entirely different. I try to look beyond the physical manifestations of anxiety because I already know that that is ... and in this case it's a shaky voice that simply won't go away. My explanation given, pretty much sums up how I am feeling when I struggle like so.

Good luck with working out what makes yours shake.

This is correct, in a sense.

Now, this is an old thread, renewed because some of you need the answers.

More directly, you (readers to whom this affects) fear criticism. And so you are timid in speech and action. Critiqued to such a degree, whether by the self and/or others, that you now repress emotions, afraid to express the voice shakes and the body trembles.

You may also feel you are guilty of something. Your carrying it with you. Guilt eats at you until you are unworthy of opening your mouth at all. You never purged this guilt properly, constructively.

Epilepsy (and its milder forms, some anxiety symptoms) is a (condition) result of such fears where the body expresses what the psyche can't. Symbolically. The whole body shakes in what would seem like a violent release of energy.

Joe.
01-06-2015, 09:04 AM
This is correct, in a sense.

Now, this is an old thread, renewed because some of you need the answers.

More directly, you (readers to whom this affects) fear criticism. And so you are timid in speech and action. Critiqued to such a degree, whether by the self and/or others, that you now repress emotions, afraid to express the voice shakes and the body trembles.

You may also feel you are guilty of something. Your carrying it with you. Guilt eats at you until you are unworthy of opening your mouth at all. You never purged this guilt properly, constructively.

Epilepsy (and its milder forms, some anxiety symptoms) is a (condition) result of such fears where the body expresses what the psyche can't. Symbolically.

I have stuttered quite badly in the past, and still stutter a little bit now. What you said about fear of criticism is a good explanation as to why I stutter, also with it seemingly running in my family.