PDA

View Full Version : Getting off caffeine = massively reduced anxiety

JCJC7777
09-11-2011, 03:26 AM
i had seen a few people on the internet saying "i noticed, 2 weeks after stopping drinking coffee, coke etc, that my anxiety had greatly reduced/gone." So, after many false starts, i have managed to avoid that lovely stuff for a while - I HAVE FOUND THE SAME. No more of those awful inside churnings etc.... Wonderful - please try for yourself, and post here if it works.
p.s. I was already off alcohol, and take no other drugs.
p.p.s. it will be interesting to see if the coffee etc corporates quash this fact.
Try it!

jessed03
09-11-2011, 08:25 AM
Good to see you've found a way to feel better.

How many cups a day were you drinking JC?

leighs
09-11-2011, 09:58 PM
I haven't been able to completely cut myself off of caffeine but I have stopped drinking alcohol and have cut back my caffeine intake greatly. I can say I have most definitely noticed a difference. Your post is giving me some reason to stop the caffeine completely though. Thanks!

nervousbutterflies
09-11-2011, 10:40 PM
i havent had a sip of caffeine in 3 years! i am actually terrified now to drink it which is not a good thing :( i used to loveeee coffee but stopped because of anxiety and now cannot even take a sip without getting scared:(

brady
09-13-2011, 06:10 AM
Yeah i used to drink alot of tea, but i dont even drink fizzy drinks anymore.

biceps72
09-17-2011, 07:40 AM
caffeine is a tough one. The best is to drink none = zero. However some people can drink a normal sized cup of moderate strength coffee in the morning and really have no problems. I didn't drink coffee, or any caffeine, for a decade but now enjoy a cup or 2 in thge early morning. I never drink coffee. cola, etc. past 9 am,

OtherMed
09-17-2011, 02:07 PM
Yeah, anyone who has problematic anxiety really shouldn't be drinking anything with caffeine in it. I've been in a few situations where I ended up drinking soda and felt dramatically worse afterwards. I'm also pretty scared to drink anything with caffeine in it at this point. But I have also noticed that as long as you don't overdo it the effects aren't really that bad. I've certainly experienced some awful results just from drinking too much soda though.