PDA

View Full Version : something that's working for me .. finally !!! :)

PBYUM
09-08-2011, 01:24 AM
I started taking a magnesium supplement along with omega 3,6,9 .
I can say that it makes me relax and not be inside my head so much. my muscles don't feel as tense and my anxiety was reduced!
Today was first day of class(after taking a break from school due to my anxiety)
I wasn't positive that i would be able to go because of my anxiety, being in a room with 40 other students for almost 4 hours! - yea not my fav type of settings. I get anxiety attacks being put "on the spot",having long conversations, making presentations/speech.

I was calm all through out class :)
and I even introduced myself to a fellow classmate that sat next to me (I would usually avoid this)

I did feel the anxiety wanting to come back suddenly, but I was able to easily suppress the feeling.

jessed03
09-08-2011, 03:05 AM
I've heard lot's of good things about magnesium on this forum. I want to take it in supplement form, but I'm mega sensitive to supplements. I'll have to start eating lots of sunflower seeds.

How long have you been taking them PBYUM? It's great you've managed to find something non-pharmecutical that helps :)

Taylor
09-08-2011, 07:37 AM
That's great! I've been trying to do better about a calcium/magnesium supplement because I'm on some non-anxiety related medication that can deplete my electrolytes. I feel like that it is really helpful on days, and I didn't take any the last couple of days and I noticed some issues more than I had been.

Keep it up!

PBYUM
09-08-2011, 09:02 PM
Hello all, thank you for your comments!
I have been taking it for a little over a week. I also take epsoms salt baths which do help. I put some in a little spray bottle to spray on after showers if I don't have time for a bath. Works well for me.

Jess , you should give the epsoms salts a try!
I'm looking foward to getting some oil you suggested Jesse.

Thnx Taylor!

Sizza
09-24-2011, 08:26 AM
I just loved reading your "letter" Finally someone who confirms that the use of magnesium actually works!:) You see,I have been reading a bit about Magnesium supp,and been thinking about trying it out,and now Im gonna do it..No doubt! :) Its a bit exspensiv in my country,but hopefully it will help me too :)
Maybe it dont help me as good as it helped you,but why not try :)

Hope you get your anxiety all under control,and good luck!

jessed03
09-24-2011, 06:48 PM
Maybe it dont help me as good as it helped you,but why not try
!

Let me know how it goes Sizza :)

Sizza
09-25-2011, 02:58 PM
Let me know how it goes Sizza :)

Will do Jessed03!:)

hazelnut830
09-27-2011, 09:16 PM
how much do you take?

inescapable
09-28-2011, 05:50 AM
This is great advice, I am going to try it all, magnesium, omega 3, 6, 9 and epsom salt baths!