PDA

View Full Version : A relationship causing me anxiety

water
09-07-2011, 07:40 PM
I know Anxiety is a normal emotion to have, but what if it's one thing causing me to have constant anxiety? I have known this guy for since August 2007, we started dating seriously in May 2009 and in July 2009 I started to have constant anxiety about the relationship. It's like a feeling of dread, worry and just flat out anxiety about him. I've never experienced anything like it before, I enjoy being around him and i think overall he is a nice intelligent guy, but after truly getting to know him he is extremely selfish and self serving. I don't think his selfish disposition is why I feel anxiety, I think the relationship itself does. Is the normal? My instincts must be trying to tell me something if I have never felt over worried about anything or anyone to the point that I have been feeling sick to my stomach for over two years when things got serious between us. Thank you!

nervousbutterflies
09-07-2011, 08:07 PM
i have the same problem i have been with my boyfriend for over 4 years and that is when all of the bad anxiety started for me. I do not blame him for it but the relationship makes me anxious a lot. The anxiety also causes me to not trust him at all!!! I just get the worst suspicions about him!!!!