PDA

View Full Version : Zoloft and heightened energy is frightening

Marlow
09-06-2011, 09:48 AM
I have been taking zoloft for about 8 weeks now, possibly a little longer. I have been noticing a kind of weird feeling when I wake up and times during the day when I am in a good mood.

My mind seems to race, my actions cant keep up with what I want to do. I sometimes get tingley, I then start to get nervious that Im going to loose control of myself.

Does anybody else have times of the day when their increase in energy and mood gets them feeling nervious imediatly after?

Marlow

jessed03
09-06-2011, 01:36 PM
I found this when I tried Prozac, after 8 weeks I had to stop it, I didn't like how it felt. I think it's one of the ways SSRI's can make you feel.

In essence though, what you described sounds like a different version of panic attack, except things have happened in a different order. Anxiety feels very much like mania at times.

I'll be honest though, I'm not a fan of SSRI's that much, due to what you've said. The emotions I felt never really seemed 'normal', I did get those weird increases in energy and mood, I found myself 'buzzing' whilst reading a book, I didn't like it, and in the end tried a different category of AD. It may settle down over time, it probably will, if you feel it's working, maybe give it a little more time and see how you feel, if you don't like them, switch now, it's early enough that you won't get withdrawals.