PDA

View Full Version : Feeling alone in my anxiety

JamieLeigh
09-05-2011, 07:53 PM
I am new to this site and forum, but I would like to start by saying thank you. I have been searching the internet for hours looking for help for my anxiety, but every site I found just wanted money. I am glad to have found what I am hoping will be true help from people who understand. With that said, I have been suffering from generalized anxiety disorder for at least 10 years. (it is believed i might have suffered as a child without knowing) I have tried different medications and found that lexapro worked the best for me. I was able to go off my medication about 3 years ago and it was great. For the first time in years I was happy with my life and wasn't having attacks. However, I have started having major attacks again. My husband tries to help me feel better, but he isn't a sufferer and doesn't know what to do to. I am in the process of trying to get with a doctor to get back on my meds, but unfortunately that doesn't give me any relief at the moment. I understand that my thoughts are irrational, but I can't seem to get them under control. I need help and words of encouragement. I feel like these attacks will never end. HELP!!

leighs
09-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Hi Jamie. I'm sorry to hear that your anxiety is rearing its ugly head again. I really have never been in your shoes before...My anxiety started about three years ago and got really intense starting last November. I haven't really felt what it feels like to overcome it yet. I am looking forward to it though! :)
As far as words of encouragement, I would say:
1) You've been down this road before so you know that your irrational thoughts are just that...irrational.
2) You have beat this ugly monster once before and you will beat it again!
3) You are taking the right steps to getting better (seeking a doctor, posting on forums for encouragement, etc.)

You will get through this and get back on the right track! Best of luck :)