PDA

View Full Version : Tmj?

Skizo
08-27-2011, 03:26 AM
Anybody has TMJ or knows more about it? And can TMJ cause any of the symptoms we believe to be anxiety and how is TMJ diagnosed and cured?

jessed03
08-27-2011, 05:54 AM
I have tmj, caused my falling on my jaw badly, when ice skating years ago.

If anything, anxiety worsen's it, not the other way round so much. It's the anxiety that keeps you biting down hard. If your jaw clicks badly when opening it, and your mouth feels incredibly numb when opening, you may suffer, but it's usually only dealt with by using stretching, and relaxation.

I'm afraid there's no 'cure' out there, which you can make a simple change to rectify. It's just not how anxiety works. Even those that have physical ailments causing anxiety still have to deal with their overall health and mental state. Take very small steps in many area's to achieving a better overall health, not just physically but mentally and spiritually too. Forwells has given you a good place to start.

Skizo
08-27-2011, 07:02 AM
I don't think googling your symptoms is bad at all... its beneficial actually, especially when you have a long term problem which doesn't go away, you may find out that you have been misdiagnosed, so it doesn't do any bad to check these things out.
I will definitely get myself checked for TMJ as well as brain tumors and a total head scan.

jessed03
08-27-2011, 07:40 AM
I don't think googling your symptoms is bad at all... its beneficial actually, especially when you have a long term problem which doesn't go away, you may find out that you have been misdiagnosed, so it doesn't do any bad to check these things out.
I will definitely get myself checked for TMJ as well as brain tumors and a total head scan.

If you have reason to believe you have TMJ, what would be helpful though, is to see your dentist, as often it can cause grinding on the teeth, and you may need a mouth guard. TMJ can't really be cured, it can only be treated to ensure tension is relieved.

Hope thing's go well with the scan's. :) Make sure to look at forwell's advice though, as it will help you deal with things long term.