PDA

View Full Version : Anxious feeilngs but not thoughts??

Taylor
08-26-2011, 09:25 AM
Hi all,

I haven't been diagnosed with anything yet, and I'm just now seeking help and trying to rely a bit more (but not too much) on the Ativan I was prescribed to take as needed for anxiety. I was diagnosed with leukemia at the end of January and I have had a few other big things happen in my life, and I guess I never dealt with them as they came along (started a new job 2 days after I left the hospital for initial treatment), so the stress and everything is starting to manifest.

At first I would wake up from sleep; either with a racing heart/panic attack or simply just waking up and being alert, as if it were time to wake up. But slowly and surely it has manifested during the daytime. Sometimes I do have big panic attacks, especially if something keys me up, but usually what happens is all the sudden I'll notice my legs seem a little restless, then it's harder to focus, and then my mind just has this sort of freaking-out, going a mile-a-minute thing where I can't really focus except for on the restless feelings in my body. Occassionally even I'll have normal thoughts of that I'm going to die (if my heart rate is going crazy) or just that I feel like I'm losing my mind if I keep having that strange feeilng in my head.

The thing is, the anxiety doesn't come from thinking about any specific thing--they actually just happen randomly--and when I'm having these anxious, restless feelings, I also never think about the big things that are going on in my life, so they aren't obvious factors in the beginning or in the midst of my issues. So is there a difference between anxiety types? Is this just what Generalized Anxiety Disorder is? Thanks!

Skizo
08-26-2011, 09:51 AM
Anxiety is subconscious so you don't have to be thinking about important things but your subconscious is.

jessed03
08-26-2011, 11:07 AM
Do you have a bad diet? Drink too much coffee? Do you ever get bout's of fatigue or upset stomachs or skin problems?

As Skizo said, it's subconscious, but it couldn't hurt to have some blood work done to make sure your vitamin levels, blood sugar levels, and thyroid and stuff are working properly, as it may be something that can be fixed simply. Anxiety can come from many roots.