really bad memory
worry about my future regarding my career money etc
always think im going to have a heart attack
depressed
think people dont like me
think people think im a waster
think people think i am boring
really nervous talking to girls

I have more anxiety symptoms but dont have time to list them all as i would be here a while.

Please can people give me some info on what I should do, what could cause this, what treatment i should i should get.

I would also like to hear other ppls storys and what they have being doing about it.

Thanks

jessed03
08-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Hey Maco.

You're anxiety seems to have some typical anxious symptoms, but they also very strongly suggest a great deal of Social Anxiety too. Have you had any therapy for this?

http://www.panic-attacks.co.uk/anxiety-faq/social-anxiety-causes-symptoms-and-solutions/

Do the symptoms listed on this website have an similarity do you think?

J

maco2010
08-21-2011, 02:52 PM
hi J,

Thank you for your reply. no i have not had any therapy, i am going to phone doctor first thing tomorrow and book an appointment. As for the website, that is the exact symptoms i have. I couldnt beleive how much that page was like me apart from the bullying. i am going to print that and take it to the doctors.

Do you have anymore info you can give me? what do you think i should do.

Thanks
David

jessed03
08-21-2011, 03:07 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_anxiety_disorder

The wikipedia page has some more in depth detail on the condition.

Other than that, just explaining to your doctor should help him straight away develop a successful treatment plan for you. There's also a very very good recovery rate from it.

Hope it goes well. :)

J

maco2010
08-21-2011, 03:10 PM
Ok i will have a look at that tomorrow. thanks for your info it has been really helpful as my head would no doubt go blank if i went into the doctors without that web page.

anyone else with storys of advice please send them this way.

thanks

ReneeA
08-21-2011, 04:30 PM
I have a lot of the same symptoms as you, & I just discussed my anxiety with the doctor for the first time recently. I was worried that I wouldn't know how to explain myself, or worse - that the doctor wouldn't understand or believe me (another symptom of the anxiety I guess). The really great thing was that my doctor was very receptive to my situation, & she asked a ton of questions that helped me express my feelings & helped her understand what I'm going through. The list of symptoms from the website should be a big help in organizing your thoughts, but I'm sure your doctor will do the same for you as mine did. Good luck!

maco2010
08-22-2011, 01:14 AM
Hi renee. Ok thanks for you reply. I am going to book an appointment this morning.
Cheers