PDA

View Full Version : Hi, newbie here

Xerces
08-11-2011, 10:51 PM
Hi, I'm Xerces, a 43yr old female who started having anxiety several years ago. It was on and off for a couple of years but within the last month, it seems as if my mind imploded and I went completely nutty. I developed odd OCD's, couldn't stay at my home for over a week, spent hours driving, listening to loud music, just completely unable to sit still. I'm seeing a Psychiatrist who isn't very good, basically he just threw prescriptions at me but I'll be seeing someone new soon. My therapist was useless at first, he was awful, read from a book a few times, lol, what a horrid experience. My psychologist however, is very good and I'm dealing well with that. The meds, THAT'S a different story! I'm on Zoloft and Xanax, I'm supposed to be on 150mg of Zoloft but my psychologist suggested I hold at 100mg because it not only numbs me (I haven't been able to cry at all since on it) but I barely want to get out of bed or do anything at all. I've missed the past two weeks at work, just thinking about going back puts my anxiety level on alert and I start to panic, there are some stressors there unfortunately. I can barely function now, imagine if I were taking 150mg of Zoloft, I'd probably need a diaper, lil lol. In any case, this is what I'm dealing with currently along with immense mind racing, irritability, can't sit still, insomnia, dry mouth, the usual suspects. I'm sorry if this isn't the normal introduction that's posted, I've never done this before. Hi all, I apologize for the novel.

jar4u
08-12-2011, 05:53 AM
Hi Xerces, Welcome aboard, You are indeed suffering from high anxiety due to stress and your body is reacting to it, Medicines do help initially but soon they become your crutch and you cant do without it, i have been through the similar experiences like you, even i was on zoloft and benzos but just few days on it gave me bad side effects, so i immediately stopped it and got on to homeopathic treatment which to my amazement has not only got my high anxiety levels down but also made my thoughts positive and clear and also my sleep patterns have got better....Believe me i too suffered from extreme anxiety and thought i was going insane and my body was loosing the battle of life....i went through absolute craziness!!!

But due to my timely homeopathic treatment and also few dietary changes i have started to feel great like how i was before having anxiety and panic attacks....I recommend even you slowly try to get off your meds and try homeopathy also i have started to have cod liver caps, a banana after meal and gone on a gluten free diet, which is further helping me recover...today i feel 95% better then what i was a few months back...Also don't fight your anxiety...Accept it that you have anxiety and start believing and saying to yourself that all your sensations are harmless and your are not scared of it...make it your everyday habit...challenge your thoughts and believe me soon u will be ok!!!

Hope you become well soon...
Cheers,
Jar4u