PDA

View Full Version : Hearing Issues

krja80
08-10-2011, 01:26 PM
Hello,

My name is Kate and I am 33 years old. I have dealt with anxiety issues most of my life, my first panic attack being at the age of 7. I've always had random, weird, scary symptoms that I've had to deal with as I'm sure most of you have, but one happened early this morning that really scared me to the point that now I'm convinced once again that I have something sinister going on (read brain tumor).

I woke up at 3am because it sounded like a loud air conditioning unit in my bedroom. It was pitch quiet, nothing out of the ordinary was on or broken, it was just my hearing. It was this loudness in my ears/head and it lasted for a good 30 minutes. This low loud rumbling sound. And my hearing was dim, like everything was far away. I went into a full blown anxiety attack and my entire body was shaking for at least 30 minutes. I went back to sleep and woke up this morning, exhausted and thankfully my hearing is relatively fine, but I'm not going to lie, I'm waiting on pins and needles for it to happen again. I'm scared.

Has anyone else ever had this symptom, ever had this happen? I had a CT 18 months ago and it was fine, do I go back and do it again just to be sure?

I thank you for your time and response.

Kate

SAG
08-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Its all anxiety. It will happen again but when it happens you must develop a proper response to it. Here is what you do
1. Admit, that you are having a panic attack.
2. Tell yourself that it will pass
3. Take deep breaths.
4. Get a glass of cold water
5. Go back to bed

krja80
08-13-2011, 09:14 AM
It's so nice to hear from others who experience things as I do. Thank you for the responses.

Kate