PDA

View Full Version : NYC Subway - I did it!

iurod
08-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Hi,
So I've lived in NYC for the past 8 years. I remember the days and how fun it was t travel on the subway and get anywhere in the city cheaply. about 3 years ago I experienced a panic attack on the Subway and have not been able to ride it since. Now if you know NYC the only means of transportation are the Subway (Totally scared of it) Taxis (gets really expensive), and bus (may take forever to get to your destination.

Well my roommates and I went to wholefoods and we usually walk home because they know I'm terrified of the Subway. Today I was like "lets take the train home" to my roommates surprise they agreed and told me they would talk me through it. But I was determined to do it. I do have to say my heart was racing, I was anxious, and I was dyeing to get off. Mind you it was only two stops, those two stops felt like an eternity. BUT I made it!!!! I was super proud of myself that I ran home to write this entry. I haven't taken the train in over 2 years and I feel so happy that I did it. I know its only baby steps (two stops on the train) but I have to start somewhere. I decided I'm taking it again tomorrow, and my roommates are coming with me.

I'm super pumped, and if I can do it YOU CAN DEFINITELY DO IT ASWELL!

Hope it goes the same way tomorrow.

fallingthin
08-08-2011, 09:58 AM
:) very nice. good job.

iurod
08-08-2011, 11:07 PM
Thanks fallingthin!

Schatmeisje
08-09-2011, 03:22 PM
OMG!!! What a huge acheivement, I am so proud of you (and jelous..hehe) it does make it much easier when you are proud of yourself doesnt it, keep up the fabtastic work and congratulations xxxx

nervousbutterflies
08-09-2011, 08:38 PM
i am scared of trains!!! that is great that you did it ! gives me hope:)

batgirl
08-09-2011, 09:57 PM
You should be very proud of yourself. This is so great!