PDA

View Full Version : my story of anxiety someone help get rid of it! taking over my life!

jbrand3
08-04-2011, 05:27 AM
i am 23 years old and ... let me begin by saying i never ever had anxiety or knew what it was untill like a year ago and didnt think to much of it.. now its basically taking control of my life... and its weird i dont get anxious by meeting new people or being in a crowed or anything.. its like going away in fear of having another attack ... i play baseball, softball basketball in leagues i'm very outgoing and i even get anxious there which is rare because i'm comfortable there but it happends... my g.f has been getting upset because she wants to go do things i recently went to yankee stadium and stuff and was fine.. its about an hour away and love baseball and being with her so i got a little anxious but wasnt too bad.. if im with her family and im like out of control like me not driving or whatever like going out to dinner further away then normal or if we go tubing and now she wants to go camping and stay for the weekend .. ive never been so nervous my entire life because of my anxiety... i play senerieos out in my head before i go and have different posibilities of what i would do its crazy.. i don;t know what to do or how to get rid of it.. its taking over my life.. i ask to leave earily all the time because i get such bad attacks .. i told my g.f im already leaving earily because of a dumb grad party i told her i want to go to.. its so hard because i want nothing more then to be there with her but my anxiety is taking me over and not allowing me to.. and i feel like more of an a-hole because shed do anything i ask and when she asks to do something with her i just get terribly anxious and i get it soo bad i start sweating and getting stomac sick and headaches all the time.. i don't know what to do or how to control it.. i just got laid off from my job and have no more insurance my friend takes xanax for his anxiety only .25mg i've asked him plenty of times how it works and i'm just scared to try it because i don't like doing anything without knowing what will happen... i also get terribly anxious when I'm drinking for some reason i used to have a great tome with friends and w.e but as soon as i feel buzzed and or drunk i get real anxious. so i cant even do that with my friends anymore.. my anxiety really is taking control of my life and i have no idea what to do.. its messing up my friendships and relationship.. I'm used to having a bunch of friends and never having a care in the world to all of the sudden this .. and i don't know how to handle it or what to do.. does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of it or what i do wrong ,.. or something about it to say that could help me in anyway.. I'm so sick of feeling like this i just want to be able to do anything i want again without a worry in the world ... im happy i found this forum where i can talk about this with people that have somewhat the same problem.. but like other people said i could'nt wish this on anyone no matter what.. its such a pain.. its really like a rainy cloud or annoying bee just right by your ear and never goes away and follows u everywhere... thanks for reading hope to hear comments to help.. thanks again.. john

dp3360
08-05-2011, 05:39 AM
Even though I'm not the same age as you, I know roughly how you feel, I find that sometimes, if you try really hard to basically 'not care'. I know exactly how hard this is, but just try and believe that it will work, things often get in the way, which is difficult, because it can sometimes be family ad trips. When you start to feel another attack coming on, just think about all the other times, "has anything bad happened before?". No, it just got a bit out of hand because I worried too much. Think of it as your fault in a way because you worried too much and if you hadn't worried, it would have been absolutely fine. I found that this can work, of course everybody's different but I hope you can find something that works for you and even better, stop the problem altogether.
Hope this helped at least a tiny bit. :)

Varjo
08-06-2011, 08:23 AM
Hey, I know it's real tough. I was there at some point, but you just have to remind yourself that the anxiety can't really get in the way of your life. The best way to go around it is to just do things as you would normally, ignore the anxious thoughts and try to continue on. Because as soon as you start doing things normally and realizing that the anxiety is simply just stressed out thoughts in your head, it doesn't feel as scary anymore, you have to remember that anxiety does not limit you from doing anything you used to do. And if you manage to realize this, the anxiety will start to fade into the background and one day it'll be back to how it was. Barely even noticeable.

I went through almost a year of bad anxiety, now I'm still recovering from it but I can say that I no longer suffer from anxiety. Now I wish I had known that I was going to recover, because I let a lot of good things go because of it, including an amazing girl that I was with and my education, but now that I have gotten better I'm taking control of my life again and moving on. I wish the best of luck to you and remember, you'll get over this one day, this is just a temporary state and it won't be this way always, enjoy your life and don't let anything get in your way.