PDA

View Full Version : Feeling out of it

jackson18
11-09-2006, 10:41 PM
Im so confused. Ive always been a very calm person so this is totally out of the ordinary. Anyways Its been a month since my first and only PA so far but it seems like my mind is still out of it. The main thing is I have yet to feel normal since it happened- i went straight into DP/DR mode when it happened. I went through a few weeks of DP/DR but now i feel like im out of the that stage but still feel different. I have a lot of the symptoms of anxiety such as muscle tension, head pressure, racing heart, visual disturbances, and im not afraid of dying, or brain tumor or anything. the only thing i really fear is feeling out it forever. Anybody have any thoughts? Anything might help!

Alex_m
11-10-2006, 10:23 AM
i have sent you a pm =)

MissBrownEyes
11-11-2006, 12:29 AM
Probaly your mind feeling out of it is the thought thats always in your mind "is it going to happen again" i always fear im going to go crazy and always worry someones gonna lock me up when im haivng a really bad panic attack.

do you take any meds? have you read any self help books?

jackson18
11-11-2006, 11:59 AM
Yeah they put me on 12.5 mg Paxil Cr. It doesnt seem to do much ive been on it for about a month. I just want to feel normal again!

MissBrownEyes
11-11-2006, 03:19 PM
well the road is long and tough but you wil get to the end of it. you will feel yourself again. how was your weekend? anything fun? did you have any anxiety? if so how did you try to stop it?

jackson18
11-11-2006, 10:01 PM
Just hanging out with some friends really nothing big. I had that panic attack just because i was super stressed about the things i needed to get done that day. I havent had one ever before that or after that. I dont really have any anxiety besides the fear that im gonna be stuck like this. I really appreciate your time missbrowneyes. thanks