PDA

View Full Version : Very mild anxiety preventing sleep

dpuzz
08-03-2011, 06:09 AM
Hi,

I'm not even sure if what I have can be called "anxiety", but it's been a problem for me for a couple of months and it's starting to become pretty annoying. A couple months ago I started a job that turned out to be incredibly stressful. I was basically under constant pressure from day one and the stress resulted in my inability to sleep properly pretty much the entire time I was there. I'd characterize the stress as a constant feeling of nervousness in my chest. Nothing extreme, in fact it was very low level nervousness, however I really mean it when I say that it was constant, something I've never experienced before.

So, a month after quitting, this feeling basically remains. During the day I don't feel any stress, but for some reason at night I still get a nervousness in my chest that has prevented me from sleeping. I usually don't have too much trouble getting to sleep, but it's a light sleep and I typically wake up between 3-5 am and have trouble getting back to sleep. As I said I'm not sure if it's technically "anxiety", or if it is, it's an incredibly mild form, but my inability to get a good sleep is becoming a real problem.

Exercise seems to help but it isn't exactly a cure all. I've had very long days of exercise (hiking/climbing) and still been unable to sleep. The nights I have gotten a good sleep have come while camping.

I'm just looking to see if anyone has experienced this or has any pointers on how to deal with this.