PDA

View Full Version : Stress and chest pain

Solowka
08-02-2011, 03:31 PM
hiya, what it is due to work and circumstances i have been suffering chest pains, because i work in the ER i decided to book myself in. My ECG came back normal except for a slight t-wave inversion in lead 3, bloods came back normal, awaiting a stress test now, i decided it was stress and anxiety, but i keep on getting the pains constantly across my chest coupled now with a shortness of breath, lightheadedness/dizzyness.

I know its anxiety but due to the nature of my work and the constant pains.....well discomfort, its driving me mad and making me think its more sinister than it actually is, which doesnt help the anxiety lol.

Any Advice?

fallingthin
08-02-2011, 08:06 PM
When I have a panic attack that is really bad I feel like I am having a heart attack with the whole left arm going numb, and pain bit and I am just 20. If all your tests come back negative and the medical doctors say you are ok you might just be having panic and stress. If you drink a lot of energy drinks, including coffee, you might need to cut back. Otherwise, i dont know.

JaneB
08-03-2011, 09:22 AM
I cant say if this is 100% accurate but i heard the neurotransmitter GABA plays a big role in the physical side of stress response. The tight, clenching feeling. Maybe pick up some GABA supplements.

Solowka
08-03-2011, 09:58 AM
cheers for the replies, i have actually switched to decaf coffee as i do drink a lot of coffee and havent had an energy drink in about 10 years! Jane, never heard of GABA will have to look into that, thank you.