PDA

View Full Version : Upping drive & energy while staying on SSRIs

TheEditor
08-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Howdy folks,

I've been on celexa for nearly 10 years and I'm not getting off anytime soon. I've tried, and I need it –*I know therapies have worked for a lot of people. For me, they haven't worked.

So, I need to find a way to up my sex drive and energy levels, while remaining on SSRIs. Any tips? Advice? Supplements?

Robbed
08-02-2011, 03:32 PM
Unfortunately, short of getting off the drug or finding a different one that has less of a negative effect on your sex drive and energy levels, I don't think there is much you can do about this. Have you discussed these problems with your doctor?

fallingthin
08-02-2011, 07:59 PM
ginseng or taurine make sure to research drug reactions and ask your doctor before trying the ginseng.

TheEditor
08-03-2011, 01:56 PM
I did a bit of reading and it would appear dopamine levels are the key. I've read, as a result, that bananas daily and St. John's Wort daily can help create more dopamine in a natural, safe way. I think I'll give that a go and see if there's any success.

Jonny771
08-03-2011, 07:50 PM
wellbutrin

Robbed
08-04-2011, 01:03 AM
I've read, as a result, that bananas daily and St. John's Wort daily can help create more dopamine in a natural, safe way.

Keep in mind that it's not considered safe to take St John's Wort while taking SSRIs.

Copper236
08-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Can't speak on the sex drive issue (I'm one of the lucky ones for whom SSRIs have never caused any sexual side effects), but one simple way to up your energy is a good cardio workout. You feel more energetic after a workout because physical activity releases endorphins. Also, you have more energy when you're in better cardiovascular shape.