PDA

View Full Version : Eps symptoms from risperdal - wont go away?

cskrone
07-31-2011, 12:55 PM
HI All -

I was on Risperdal for 2 days and got tongue rolling. My tongue became SUPER stiff and now I am opening my mouth to relive the pain.

I have been on Adderall for a year daily and had to come off from that 3 weeks ago because of this.

After 3 weeks, the tongue movements are still here. I am AVOIDING all social situations since this happened and my depression has become so bad!

Adderall helped depression and focus tremendously but I am unsure if I can take it again due to the tongue movements.

My doctor mentioned that it is NOT TARDIVE DYSKINISIA and NOT PERMANENT but after 3 weeks it should have gone away. I am so worried about this symptom and what it's done to my social life and relationships that I cannot breathe correctly now so I'm dizzy all day AND sleeping 12 hours a night to avoid the daytime.

Do any of you have experience with EPS symptoms? I am SO SURPRISED that it happened after only 2 days of Risperdal.

I need advice and encouragement! Will this go away? When? Also, will I EVER be able to take Adderall again? I need that medicine so badly.

HELP!