PDA

View Full Version : Life after medication?

pookah
11-08-2006, 11:03 AM
I've been taking Paxil for one week and three days now. I am anxiety-free, and depression-free. It is wonderful. Unfortunately I'm also orgasm-free, but I haven't felt such relief for the past two years or so. My therapist said that I'd be on it for six months, so I'm wondering what is going to happen when I stop taking it. I know already about the withdrawal symptoms, and that they go away eventually, but will my anxiety just come back once I'm no longer medicated? Will I have to be on meds forever to feel normal? Or will I be healed somehow? Will my chemicals stay balanced?

ls
11-09-2006, 05:09 PM
paxil is a mysterious drug and to it, I owe my life. I understand that it really helps. It is also very addictive. Getting off of the drug is complete and total hell, withdrawal lasting weeks. But, in the meantime, enjoy the anxiety and depression free days. Orgasms are hard to come by on Paxil. I recommend lots of foreplay, as they are attainable. I have also stopped the drug and found within months, I was back to extreme anxiety. I have chose to use it again. I think I will be on it the rest of my life.

Hope this helps.

sharrison
11-10-2006, 09:23 AM
I've been taking Paxil for one week and three days now. I am anxiety-free, and depression-free. It is wonderful.

So do you not have anxiety at all now that you're on meds? Does it totally get rid of it or does it just take the edge off?

ls
11-10-2006, 08:43 PM
I still get anxious, but my mood is better and it is less often. Panic attacks are not excistant.

How are you feeling on Paxil now?
It can take weeks, but it should work well.

8)

ls
11-10-2006, 08:46 PM
that when you stop Paxil, if you have not learned relaxation techniques and made adjustments to your life, when you come off paxil the symptoms can return. Sometimes all people need is 6 months, unfortunately 6 months did not work for me. When I stopped taking Paxil my symptoms returned within 6 months and I was back on medication...I called it a relapse, not sure though. 40 mgs works for me, but causes weight gain so I have to be careful.

Paxil works on GAD, panic attacks and depression.

MissBrownEyes
11-11-2006, 12:21 AM
Well I dont know what to say. I'm very glad paxil has been working for the both of you. :)

I have been taking 30 mg of paxil for a long time (5.5 years) and recently went up on it, I still get the anxious feelings and further more really really bad anxiety attacks, some meds are just differnt for everyone I guess.

I'm also taking a VERY small dose of xanax, and then one as needed depending on the level of anxiety.

I do not really seem to have any troubels w/ orgasms, but I sure do have the weight gain problem, and its a never ending battle.

I'm sort of thinking about trying to come off the paxil and see the what i get for results, i was hoping to be med free but the doc says no way jose :cry: