PDA

View Full Version : anger, why do I sweat the small stuff?

reminess
11-06-2006, 06:24 PM
Does anyone get angry about the smallest things? if some one orders coffee and I have to ask them if they want it black or w/ cream and sugar
that s a problem. I feel that they should know what they want and not wait for me to ask or assume that I know what they want. I've given them what they asked for and they the say oh, I want sugar with that or if I put sugar then they'll say oh, did you put splenda in that? It sounds funny when you read it but it is quite annoying. If you order a steak you should tell me you want a1 or 57 with it. Why do I have to ask???

little things like that tick me off. I haven't a clue why. If I have to call the phone company and they have to redirect my calls......... the same thing. Why do I have to keep repeating my phone number and the last 4 of my social? Or I'm giving you a dozen donuts and I ask you if you want it assorted ( means mixed up, any variety) and you say yes and I start packaging them and you say to me " I wanted to pick them out?" Dahhh, have you not a clue what assorted means? I can tell you alot of things but that would be too long. please don't laugh at me guys, It sounds funny now but I tell you, it wasn't funny at those times. It was annoying to me. Anyone else experience anything remotely close to this?

reminess
11-07-2006, 04:10 PM
I guess no one can relate. I must be one of a kind! :oops:

NicoleR
11-19-2006, 08:20 PM
I can relate, the smallest things will really make me upset too. Sometimes I'll dwell on those small things all day and it just makes me even more upset. I don't know why I do it.

squirt
11-28-2006, 01:08 PM
Reminess I used to be the same way but learned how to counter my thoughts using a tea form in my cbt group and life is so much better now for me.