PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here, Please read

Haley
11-06-2006, 03:17 AM
hi everyone,

Im new here :D

I suffer from really bad Panic attacks and Anxiety

Just been reading some of the posts and I can relate to a lot of them, and it makes me feel much better knowing im not alone (As I thought I was weird or going crazy!!).

Hope to chat to some of you soon

Take Care
Haley

duddits
11-06-2006, 01:22 PM
Welcome, Haley, to the Anxiety Forum. I'm delighted that you've found others here that you can relate to through their stories. Feel free to post on other forums about yourself or anything you'd like :)

MissBrownEyes
11-06-2006, 03:09 PM
Welcome, :mrgreen: hopefully it helps, i'm new too :tongue:

biggzhse
11-06-2006, 04:53 PM
whats up all this is my first post. ive been around for awhile just reading. at first my anxiety was really freakin me out but when i read some of the post i re-assured myself that im not alone in this. its so funny to find out so many people go thru this. like now i got the nervous feeling stomach lil nausious but i really been through worse in the past. ive been to the er about 10 times over the years with what i thought was heart problems but they just kick me out. now i just started prozac for the third day. i just found out that the weird feeling of of like being in a cloud or something is just another trick of this anxiety/depression stuff. im learning to cope but it really SUCKS at times. like go a couple of weeks or months then BAM its back, anyway enough babbling about me hope i can contribute something thanks

ls
11-07-2006, 06:36 PM
oh don't worry, you are not alone. This is going to be a lifelong battle that can be understood and beat. I have suffered from anxiety and panic for 10 years. My daughter also suffers. Who knows why, just remember that you are not alone. You did not invent this disease.

You are ok, feel free to email me.

ls

Haley
11-09-2006, 02:59 AM
Thank you everyone for your replies.

I feel a lot better knowing im not alone.

What I do want to know, sorry If I sound silly, But can Anxiety and Panic attacks make you ill? It's just I feel ill everyday got all sorts of ache and pains, chest pains, my arms are numb, headaches, feeling sick, pains in my stomach :cry:

Does anyone else feel like this 24/7??

Haley
11-09-2006, 03:02 AM
If anyone wants to email me or chat on msn, my address is -

[email protected]

MissBrownEyes
11-10-2006, 11:42 PM
My doctor has always told me "your not going to die from this" I dont know if they can make you ill persay.. but when it comes to the stomach ache, the headache, dizzy, etc yes that can come from anxiety, my biggest fear is going crazy... although I dont think its going to happen, its hard to tell myself that when im in a full blown anxiety attack, it has really been taking over my life for about 5 years, im to the point I dont go anywhere in a car alone, and I mean that.. nowhere, last time I drove alone in a car was probably 3 years ago.. and yes, it makes life hard in manyways, but really we are all going to be okay and we are going to get over it. Ive done councleing, been hospitalized, talked to crisis, everything, I dont think there is a true cure.. its time, I dont know if anyone beleives in god, but I find praying helps me out alot to, and the friends and family have are also supportive of my crippling problem

I'm here for anyone who needs me :console:

ls
11-12-2006, 02:21 PM
the nature of the disorder is too worry that you are going crazy...but you won't . I have dealt with this for 10 years...and one thing I know for sure....YOU WILL NOT DIE FROM ANXIETY OR PANIC....if so, I would have been dead a long time ago. When I get anxiety or panic now..I simply tell those that I am around that I am having a hard time. I try to ignore the symptoms...also, I say a little prayer and tell God that this is hectic and to please help me threw it. Avoiding places sucks...I have done it so much. The best thing to do is to force yourself to do it. Have someone you love with you. Hang onto the back of their shirt (yes, I have done this at the grocery store) and just do it. It feels good when it has not defeated you.
I refuse to let such an illness take me away from my life. I do have issues still though..like getting my nails done. I cannot sit in the chair for a half hour, so I avoid that. I am going to try again very soon though. If I die right there in the chair, then I do......I am sure someone will call 911.