PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice

Klein
07-13-2011, 08:06 PM
Hi,

I'm 33, I was on Effexor 225mg's for 10 years for SAD, just recently weaned down to no meds over an 8 month period. (not even going to get into the withdrawal symptoms or what I think of this disgusting drug in this thread lol) Now I have to deal with the SAD and also depression because of the SAD and it's very difficult.

Just looking for your opinion on the best way to do this. My anxiety is back in FULL FORCE now that I'm med free I need to deal with this ASAP as it's starting to be overpowering the longer I am med free. I have a very social girlfriend who enjoys making plans and being around people, friends, family, etc. and the thought of these events just makes me want to puke because of my nerves due to SAD so I don't do them. Daily stuff and simple interactions at work are getting difficult as well. The meds masked this for 10 years, but now I need to deal, so what has worked for you? Therapy? That Panic Puzzle thing? CBT? I'll be damned if I go back on those meds, but I gotta do something soon as I feel I'm losing control of my mind again.

Help a brother out lol