PDA

View Full Version : my story :(

anna_wilson
07-10-2011, 06:58 PM
hello, i have not been on this site for a while as been tryin to deal with it alone, (not worked) could not log into my account for some reason so made a new one , will tell you my story.............

Right im female and im 19 20 this year.. used to be a really happy adventurous person ,had a happy childhood, apart from parents splitting up at age of 6 but carnt remember so hasnt botherd me as such as still see them both,then teenage years was great , didnt do well in school but did my grades again in college and did well.. then i hit the age of 17 were i was getin into pubs ect hanging around with wrong crowds, i was 18 wen this all started, out with a certain *friend* who took drugs when drunk e.g MEOW,FET . i was very drunk one night and thought i t would be *cool* too take it seen as everybody els did , now normally i would be way to scared to even try it as i was against drugs and god know what made me do it, well that night i took meow and the next day i was fine...right ok then the next weekend came and i had meow again but also fet (amphetamin ) < dont no how to spell it, and my heart was going ect came out in a rash eyes massive , i panicked a little, stayed up all night,then i went home and still had no sleep as the drug obviously kept me awake !! so i stayed in the followin night as felt ill ,hungover,no sleep ect, and i suddenly couldnt breath thought i was dying ect mum took me to hostpital then they said ure fine ure having a panic attack, did not tell them i had no sleep or been on drugs as didnt want to disapoint my mum but i told her i must of got spiked!!! now ever since ive been short of breath, had anxciety attacks were i feel smotherd,sweating,tingling,heart pulpitations,bladder problems n water infections) cant keep my arms up for too long as they start to go heavy,chest pain,shooting pains in head,crying for no reason feeling like no one can help me, im alone,family hate me ect! i feel lost :(... kept goin doctors and had chest x-ray and blood taken , results fine, just feel like there is somthing wrong with me and i want it sorted!!!! i refuse medication as they gave me diazapan for panic attaks so i cud sleep, ummm bedronal (beater blocker) cant think of any others but i did not react niceley to them!! just want a simple way of controlling and helping it!! panic attacks are very very rare now with me , im just anxious,short of breath chest pains ect now, and starting to feel i cant go out the house as much !!

Schatmeisje
07-10-2011, 09:27 PM
Slow steps Anna. Rememeber that all your tests have come back fine, so that you symptoms are most likely due to your anxiety. I didnt react well to beta blockers well either, but have taken low dose 2mg diazepam only when i really need to. Try to ignore the symptoms now that you know there is nothing medically wrong with you, and this should help you to move away from the symptoms, i know its really hard to do that, but it does work when you know its juxiety, and that you will be fine. (i still get them, but not everyday like i used to). Try to make sure you keep trying to get out of the house as much as you can. You could also try meditation to try and keep calmer ad use distraction to keep you from thinking about the anxiety.
Good Luck x

Robbed
07-13-2011, 01:40 AM
It sounds like you had a bad reaction to a drug. This sort of thing is MUCH more common than you might think. Although that certainly does not make it any less frightening and uncomfortable. Anyway, this actually happened to me years ago when I foolishly tried taking a hit of acid. BIG mistake. I got SO freaked out by the whole experience that I felt like I was NEVER going to come back. But I eventually did. And the fact is that pretty much everybody who has this sort of experience will get over it after a time. In fact, since you are no longer having panic attacks, I would say that you are already well under way as far as recovering from this whole experience.

Anyway, the best thing you can do at this time is to try as best as you can to relax and try not to get too worked up by how you feel at the moment. Also, try to get out and do something as much as you can, whether it be going for a walk or hanging out with friends. Staying at home alone and doing nothing is one of the worst things to do when you feel this way. But above all else, be patient. And remember that PLENTY of people have been where you are now for the reasons that you are there. And the lion's share of these people get better with little to no intervention.

I'm sure you are wondering how long it is going to take to get through this. Unfortunately, I can't tell you because I don't know. But I would say that, most likely, this sort of thing will last anywhere from a couple of weeks to a few months. If it lasts a year or more, I would be REALLY surprised. Just remember that, during your recovery, you will probably encounter some times where it appears that your recovery is headed in the wrong direction. This is normal - it happens to pretty much everybody. Just try to hang in there when this happens, realizing that it is a normal part of recovery.