PDA

View Full Version : Is it weird that I bake when I'm sad or lonely?

trishamile
07-08-2011, 01:06 PM
It's not even that I want to eat it after I bake but I can tell that when I'm feeling lonely I have a sudden urge to bake pies, cookies, cakes, bread. I have no idea why either, maybe because it takes my mind off being sad? It's just really comforting to me. Is it weird that I do this?

Baconflake
07-12-2011, 11:52 AM
It's a coping mechanism. I clean mostly, bake occasionally, and sometimes I just go out with the dog and throw her ball as hard as I can to let out some steam. If this isn't having a negative impact on your life, the concern should be nil. If it is an issue, work to replace/retrain/re-channel the behavior.

kitkat13577
08-24-2011, 07:37 AM
hi trishamile

I don't really think that it's weird... i would say that on the contrary it's healthy :-) Baking is an activity that anchors. You get connected with the earth, its stability, its security. It's very therapeutic :-) and I speak from experience!

Greetings from Switzerland

Kitkat

jessed03
08-28-2011, 07:23 PM
It's great you have an outlet, many people search years for their's :)

I just wish I was your neighbour!

I enjoy cooking when I'm low, I find it takes up a lot of focus, and engages the senses like few other things!

Do you eat what you make, or share it with family? If not, I'm sure your church, or charity would love to have you aboard when having a bake sale. :)