PDA

View Full Version : Losing It

suzbays
07-08-2011, 12:31 PM
I am new to the forum despite having dealt with anxiety for over 30 years. This past month or so I had some changes with health that made me go to a GI doctor. He ordered a Colonoscopy and Endoscopy. Prior to these changes and these procedures my appetite was fine. The week before the procedure I had myself so worked up I couldn't hardly eat and was anxiety ridden. I made it through the procedures and have had to wait for two weeks (until today) for biopsy results. To say the least I have had horrible anxiety thinking I had cancer and was going to die. I have made myself eat this week but do not have an appetite and thinking about food has made me almost sick. I got the results today and thank god everything is okay. I have some digestive problems but it is not cancer. I have cried all morning with relief. My question is can anxiety like I have experienced cause no appetite and weight loss. I have lost about 5 pounds during this experience. I don't want to start stressing about losing weight if it is just from this stressful experience. Also how long til my appetite returns?

Schatmeisje
07-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Hi there, Definitey dont stress about losing weight, especially if you have been tested and have been assured that there is nothing sinister wrong with you. I too can work myself up quite badly and can go for a couple of weeeks barely eating and with no appetite at all, and also that feeling where the thought of food makes feel sick. Anxiety can definitely make you lose your appetite and weight loss. My weight goes up and down like a yo-yo, as i cant eat for a few weeks, then get my appetite back in full force! Try eating something really small and simple like a soup or something to try and get back into the habit of eating regularly (I find this works for me) and once i settle back into a roof eating, my appetite returns.
Hope this helps x