PDA

View Full Version : please help!!!

dcfefs
07-04-2011, 07:30 AM
my name is DC,and i really want to know if anyone feel the same way.
i have had anxiety for 2 months already. and lately i have been suffering something very... weird. and any comments will be appreciated.
lately i dont feel like myself anymore, but its not depersonalisation. i feel i am intact with the world and reality however i care much less.
my mind is blankish, i cant really concentrate, and since yesterday i question everything i do and think. i asked myself questions like: would the "normal" or "old" me do this? or think like that? etc.
up to a point that now i do things without having much feelings for it. in fact i dont have much feelings for anything, its like i cant cheer up anymore. i cant really describe it well.

nimbleox
07-04-2011, 08:33 AM
Alot of people describe this and unfortunatly its "normal" in terms of anxiety.
Not alot of people like to rely on medication ( like myself ) but at one point I did rely on it for the same reason your explaining now, I wanted to feel normal again, like the old me, if I were you I would see your doctor about getting prescribed something to help ( if you havent already ) it can take awhile to work, but they work and you will soon be back to old self hopefully, anxiety effects people in different ways, and how they handle it is down to them.

When I get like this myself I have to find something funny to watch, latly I have resorted to... dont laugh, Spongebob lol... but youtube is great also, funny videos, stand up comedians etc etc

Find something new to do also, new things to like, maybe things you are use to are losing there "mojo"

Say to yourself, that you will not let it take over you and prevent you from enjoying life, find time during day, 20 mins to sit and think about what makes you anxious then after that push it to the back of your mind and say its time to enjoy the rest of my day, you will not ruin that for me.

workingtheday
07-04-2011, 03:38 PM
This is a private question, but will ask anyway and please dont be offended and feel no obligation to answer. But, do you now or have you ever in the past had an issue with drug and or alcohol abuse...prescription, over the counter or ilegal? I only ask because these can be major contributing factors to anxiety and panic and also the feelings that you are describing. From what you are saying, could definitely be a variation of an anxiety issue, but could also be something else.

dcfefs
07-04-2011, 10:18 PM
This is a private question, but will ask anyway and please dont be offended and feel no obligation to answer. But, do you now or have you ever in the past had an issue with drug and or alcohol abuse...prescription, over the counter or ilegal? I only ask because these can be major contributing factors to anxiety and panic and also the feelings that you are describing. From what you are saying, could definitely be a variation of an anxiety issue, but could also be something else.

nope, none. that's the scary part

gaara
07-04-2011, 10:52 PM
i dont go on here much anymore, check around every once in while but reading your post actually kind of freaked me out. please inbox me asap.

johnnyglaire
07-05-2011, 12:32 AM
my name is DC,and i really want to know if anyone feel the same way.
i have had anxiety for 2 months already. and lately i have been suffering something very... weird. and any comments will be appreciated.
lately i dont feel like myself anymore, but its not depersonalisation. i feel i am intact with the world and reality however i care much less.
my mind is blankish, i cant really concentrate, and since yesterday i question everything i do and think. i asked myself questions like: would the "normal" or "old" me do this? or think like that? etc.
up to a point that now i do things without having much feelings for it. in fact i dont have much feelings for anything, its like i cant cheer up anymore. i cant really describe it well.

I don't know if we have the same feelings, but it just happened that I do think the same way. Maybe because of some problems and the stress. I do hang out with my friends for a bit while and laugh with them. It could help maybe because I don't even tell my mom about what I felt.

dcfefs
07-05-2011, 01:25 AM
you should tell her, but i dont think you have the same problem as i do.if you are scared that she might overreact, talk to your school's counsellor first

gaara
07-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Derealisation

A feeling that you and/or your surroundings are not real
And/or experience your surroundings through a diffused light, fog or mist.

The brother of depersonalisation and both have there basis in anxiety .

cheers kev

i've heard this definition of derealization before but i still can't seem to fully understand it. What does it mean when people say "looking through a tv screen" or "my life is like a movie"??

What exactly is depersonalization?

How can you experience those things when anxiety isn't even there? I could be extremely calm but still feel depersonalization?