PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new! I hope to help and to be helped

marmaladesreturn
07-03-2011, 07:40 AM
Hi all,

I've been suffering from anxiety, panic attacks and obsessive (intrusive) thoughts for about 11 years now. I have good days and bad days. Good months and bad months. And even good years and bad years.

But, I'm getting better. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

I hope to meet other people in here and hear feel good stories about others getting better.

Does anyone have some tips to help me through anxiety and intrusive thoughts?

Any suggestions would be helpful! Hope to share my own stories with you.

anxiouscat
07-05-2011, 06:49 AM
Heard some yoga asanas might help in this.. Also seems that exercise reduces anxiety! Please read my thread and help me too!

Swelshy
07-05-2011, 07:13 AM
Hi. I have the same problem. Thoughts enter your mind which makes you anxious and once that happens awful things happen to your body. I hope you found a way of beating this. May I ask you what symptoms you get during your panic attack? Regards Steven

Marlow
07-05-2011, 08:39 AM
Same issues, I feel like I'm going insane, even wake up feeling really hazy and Depersonalized. Ive had it before but before this I went about a year without any sorts of problems, its quite frustrating but im seeking help now finally.

marmaladesreturn
07-07-2011, 03:56 AM
Thanks all for your replies - hope we can all share the load together :)

Stephen - my feeling during a panic attack are pretty generic: feeling of impending doom, worried about going crazy, tightness around the chest.

I have found that the more I educate myself through official/formal anxiety websites the better equipped I am. I have also found that writing my feelings and thoughts down on paper has helped me immensely! :)