PDA

View Full Version : Herbal anxiety remedies, anybody tried Tranquilene?

JaneB
06-30-2011, 07:26 AM
What all do people take in the way of natural remedies? I'm trying not to avoid any "hard" meds if I can.

I was looking into taking some stuff like GABA, Tryptophan, Passion Flower and Vitamin B and I came across an ad for a supplement called Tranquilene (http://www.tranquilene.com/). I ordered some, but I dunno. Has anybody out there tried it? Can't wait to see if it works.

mrchris84
06-30-2011, 08:42 AM
I actually just picked some Tranquilene up. I think it's a newer product but there are a bunch of interesting ingredients in it. I've been taking it for about a week now and I do notice that I'm feeling a little more calm where i'd normally be more stressed out. But I had a panic attack earlier this week despite taking it, so it doesn't seem to be THAT strong.

overunder
07-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Jane, let us know how it works out for you. I've been taking Tranquilene for about a month now. When I first took it I thought "hm, nothing is really happening here." But what I realized is that it doesn't really alter your mood - at least not for me. It just makes me better able to handle stress (like mrchris said). So in situations where usually my chest would go tight and I'd start worrying like crazy I don't have anywhere near as strong a reaction.

I'm in my 30s and have had been experiencing anxiety for many years. I actually got interested in tranquilene as a way of consolidating a bunch of herbal/vitamin supplements I was already taking. So far so good.

JaneB
07-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Just reporting back in. Overunder, I see what you mean. I took Tranquilene through 4th of July weekend, which is usually pretty stressful dealing with family and all. It didn't make me feel too different but I was much more calm than usual. Maybe it was placebo and maybe not, but this stuff seems to be pretty good so far. I think I'm going to try it for a while.

hangingon
07-24-2011, 11:01 PM
Are there listed ingredients? You might be able to save a lot of money and get a higher dose by buying the ingredients at a nutrition store. I've currently started taking 1 gram of L-Lysine, 1 gram of L-Arginine, 2 tablets of GNC naturasleep (which has 200mg/100mg of Passion flower/Camomille flower each) and St. John's wort tablets. I did a lot of online research and these substances seemed the best. A lot of "herbal remedy" trademarks have small amounts of a few of these, so be careful. It's only been a week and things are pretty low key in life right now, so I don't know how well it works, but I have been feeling happier the last few days. I used to take valerian root and may start again. It is a bit weird to me to be taking 5 different herbs/amino acids and I don't know how the herb tablets compare to extract used in scientific studies, but it is much easier to get. I will have to get into a high stress work environment to see how well it works.

google: NYU valerian arginine lysine it should be the top pick or two or three