PDA

View Full Version : anxiety and sleepwalking??

acasey
06-12-2011, 07:12 AM
hey guys! i haven't been on here in a bit. my anxiety has been so much better! been making great progress. i went on zoloft for about a week and it did wonders on my anxiety. but i started sleepwalking after a couple of days. i thought it was the meds so i quit taking them. that was a week ago today. my anxiety has been wonderful even not taking the meds, and i have learned how to let my negative thoughts go and accept them for what they are. but.... im still sleepwalking. iv had some streess the last couple days. but nothing i let get out of hand. i managed it pretty well. do you guys think that the meds caused the sleepwalking and there still in my sstem, or do you think this is just my anxiety? iv head that stress can cause it. ii did have a few episodes of sleepwalking as a child.nut that was years ago. i seem to be getting up and doing things like smoking a cigarette, and going to the bathroom. then going back to bed as if i was aware of the entire thing. any thoughts about this?

Itz Omi
06-12-2011, 02:55 PM
Oh wow, if you are smoking in your sleep, that's not good - you could start a fire! Please lock these things (and the matches) up before you go to bed.

I have a friend who sleep walks. She has depression and takes depression meds. So, not sure if there's a connection there?

acasey
06-12-2011, 03:45 PM
yeah i know, im freakin out im gonna catch my house on fire or something. i do have depression along with the anxiety, so could be connected. i know my boyfriend use to sleepwallk alot when he worked 3rd shift, 12 hours. so i tihnk it has something to do with sleep depervation also. o who knows, pretty scary tho.