PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety...still hanging around?

ilovetea49
06-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Let's see. It was back in early March when I was diagnosed with an std (my first time with a girl, what great luck). Anyway, the thought of it definitely made me worry, because i thought it would be a lot worse than it was. I had my first panic attack after my body clenched up real tight from the stress, and since, I was told that my tests were just fine and anxiety was the cause.

Fine. It's now June, and I have been more than confident and 'whatever' towards my anxiety, but i still get symptoms. I still get a weird sensation that i can feel my heartbeat throughout my body (hear it in my ears the most), when i run up the stairs fast or do a physical activity. I also still get random heart palpitations, that make my heart feel like it just stopped for a second/sank. And I also have been feeling very lightheaded and dizzy. I've been patiently waiting for myself to go back to normal, and some days I don't have any worry, other days I do.

This morning, I got up, all was good. Then I walk outside, and I get that palpitation feeling, and then once more a couple minutes later. I'm also dizzy a bit today.

I'm not anxious, nor am I all too worried, I just want this to go away. I don't want this to hang on forever.

Itz Omi
06-11-2011, 11:59 PM
Hi there!

Hey, I had a friend who caught an STD her first time as well...

You can have stress symptoms and not FEEL anxious. When I first had symptoms and my doctor told me I had anxiety, I thought she was nuts! In fact, I dropped her. But, now I realize she was right, and that these things were the accumulation of stresses I'd been enduring. I most definitely ended up feeling anxious, but the symptoms showed up first.

You're doing the right thing by not worrying much about it. Just let it take its course and it'll be on its merry way. :)

Schatmeisje
06-13-2011, 04:34 PM
haha, me too, i though my doctor was INSANE 12 montsh ago when they said i had anxiety- i swapped doctors three times and now also realise they were right !