PDA

View Full Version : Driving myself nuts

shoe44
06-09-2011, 10:07 PM
I had a TIA three years ago and in February I thought I was having another one when my right arm started to feel funny. The emergency room doctor prescribed aggrenox even though a cat scan and an ultra sound of my carotid arteries came out clean. When I began on a aggrenox I starting having headaches which I was told would happen but then I started having tingling sensations throughout my body. The next week I my left arm felt like it was burning and I was having a lot of shortness of breath. I went to the ER again. EKG and blood tests were good. The next week the right arm was feeling funny and this time I was hospitalized and given an MRI, MRA as well an ultrasound of my heart. All these tests came out great. I ended up going to the ER several more times. My syptoms have gone from my left toes feeling uncomfortable and now the right toes, burning and tingling in my skin and shaking. For a couple months I hardly slept and I pretty much stayed at home and masturbated constantly which seems to go along with the problems with my toes as well as a lot of tingling in my hands. And of course because I couldn't sleep I would start looking up symptoms on the internet. Now I have the fear of having ALS, Parkinsons or other dreadful diseases. Sometimes my face feels numb as well as my lips. Because I don't have health insurance I tried going to free clinics to have someone take a closer look at me at the insistance of the therapist. I finally resorted to seeing an urgent care doctor. I've seen him several times and he has reassured me that is nothing serious. Even a chiropractor that saw last week gave me reassurance. The last few weeks I started working out again after basically mostly laying around for four month. My muscles twitch on occasion, toes feel uncomfortable, my feet cramp sometimes, my left leg burns and feels restless and my right leg gets really sore and Im constantly dropping things and being clumsy, knocking things over on occasion. I don't know if some of my problems are related to the obsessive compulsive masturbation which I do sometimes for hours at a time. Both my arms feel heavy at times and I am really freaked out about the right leg. The doctor does have me on buspar and ativan to sleep. He really doesn't want to keep me on the ativan. Any advice or a kick in the ass would be welcome. I know I should have stayed off the internet and maybe there is a chance that is manifesting some of the symptoms. I did have four or five days last week when I first started taking the buspar where I felt great. I also backed off the masturbation even not doing it for a few nights. Am I just beating myself up physically. Thanks in advance for any help that is provided.