PDA

View Full Version : Stress and Anxiety - My life

Bez
06-02-2011, 09:08 PM
I wanted to talk a little about my problems and see if anyone else had similar experiences and maybe words of wisdom. I had my 1st panic attack in 2007 while driving at night on a highway. Out of the blue...no reason at all. After that time I had issue driving...fear of losing control, etc. In 2009 I woke up one night with chest pains, tingling sensations. Went to ER...EKG and heart 100% good. Did follow up with a cardiologist a few weeks later...same tests...same results...heart is good. Even with those to confirmations that my heart was good I still didnt believe it because I was still having chest pains. Then I started reading books and went to counseling. I started meds. All of which mad me worse until I got to xanax. I'm on Wellbutrin now and Klonopin.

To the stress part. I got married in 2006, marriage went bad right away, separated in 2009 and divorced in 2010. Got back in touch with a childhood friend and we started to date. She's a nurse. We are expecting our 1st child in 2 months. I continue to have chest pains about 4 out 7 days a week. I don't mess taking more meds (1 Wellbutrin and 1 Klonopin in the morning and 1 Wellbutrin in the afternoon) unless its at night and I can't sleep then I take a 2nd Klonopin and it gets me thru the night.

I have alot of stress in my life. My ex wife and I are still fighting over the house. I have my 1st child coming in 2 months, work stress is up and down. I'm hoping...praying....wishing that when I get my ex wife/house done with and my baby here the stress will get better. I know having a baby can be stressful but I think it will be good for me, Get's my mind off of me and on to the baby.

So I was wondering if anyone out there that has anxiety like me (constant chest pains) found relief when major stress factors went away? Or suggestions to deal with these stresses. I've also paid for TM and did it for a few months but found no good from it. I think I will try that again.

I have other issues with phobias like flying (had all my life...don't mind it but hate turbulence and afraid it will happen). Heights, bridges, social situations...common stuff like that. I read people have had issues for 10, 15, 20 years...I can't phantom that. It's been 2+ for me and I hope this gets better soon. I'll try anything to make it better and I'd love to get off the meds and be "normal" again.

Thank you for listening and any advice you may have for my situation.

Bryan