PDA

View Full Version : Taste of Blood when I burp?? Pretty scared. Help?

SublimeFire
05-31-2011, 07:19 AM
I woke up this morning feeling fine, I dozed off a couple of hours later and woke up with a stomach ache, after moving around a bit to get to the bathroom I had a couple of big burps. I then returned to my room and burped again this time it tasted strongly of blood. That of course sent me on a panic attack, I'm now pretty much flipping out. I smoked in the past and actually have a few cigarettes last night but I don't smoke as often as before. I am quite overweight but slowly dropping the weight. My stools were soft but looked pretty normal. Does anyone else have this issue and know what it is?

Itz Omi
05-31-2011, 10:42 AM
Hi there,

Hmmm, is this the first time you have ever had a stomach ache? If it happens a lot, maybe there's a chance you have an ulcer. Still, I wouldn't freak out just yet. You might give the doctor a ring and see what he thinks. If it's an ulcer, it can be healed. My friend gets these.

Are you sure you taste blood?? You are not coughing up blood nor pooping blood, so that's good. I'd still maybe give the doctor or nurse a call and maybe they can put you at ease, or get it checked out if need be.