PDA

View Full Version : Depersonalization;out-of-body;not being able to see yourself!

joshualives
05-29-2011, 03:57 PM
has anyone else experienced this???

like when you are talking to someone else and you realize that you are both different people in your own bodies with your own perception on things.

this has been happening to me and it scares me because i feel like i am alone "literally alone in my own body," and for some reason not being able to see myself kind of freaks me out and im reminded of it every time i see others looking at me or im in a conversation and then i wonder what they are seeing through their eyes and i wonder whether they can see what i see or if we are really in the same place.

i know this sounds ridiculous but its something i am having alot of trouble getting over.

haas anyone experienced this and overcome it,

i have tried explaining this to people and it seems like no one understands and they just look at me like im crazy.

please help.

Itz Omi
05-29-2011, 06:21 PM
Hi there!!

I haven't had this happen to me, but gosh, depersonalization/derealization is SO COMMON for those who experience anxiety!!

I wouldn't worry about it - worrying will only make matters worse by giving it more power over you. Try to learn to have a "whatever" attitude toward these things and realize this is just a temporary phase you're going through in your life.

acasey
05-29-2011, 07:19 PM
i so know how you feel. started for me about three months ago. after about a month i kinda got use to it. now it's like it comes and goes. and when it is there it's not quit as strong as it was before. but it's def getting better. you just have to keep living your life as you normally would, and it will start to fade. but you are DEF not alone. this is the absolute worst symptom of anxiety! it will ease in time, just stay positive :)

jon mike
05-30-2011, 03:43 AM
I've not had that symptom to be honest but whatever the symptom they all fade, we all know this, when it's happening it's like its always been there and it's always going to be there, don't pay it attention and it will die so much sooner than you think

JaredWilk
02-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Wow i know exactly what you are saying, It freaks me out but I just try my best to keep moving on and thinking on whats in front of me. I think we're just thinking too much and feeding in to the thoughts. About the "not beeing able to see myself" I JUST got this thought today its kind of weird it happens to you too.

alankay
02-16-2012, 04:38 PM
Good read on this bothersome symptom.
http://anxietyhelp.org/articles/man_article.html?id=72