PDA

View Full Version : Your health and anxiety

butterfly585
05-26-2011, 09:35 PM
Hi, I am wondering if food allergies would bring on an anxiety attack for people that are already anxious?. I just got back from my doctor and I have to go and check to see what foods I am allergic to as I have suffered from a bad digestive system for years...Does anyone else have this problem? - I go through phases even when I am not feeling anxious I cannot stomach certain foods..I am finally getting it checked out I know dairy and gluten are a big no no for me and caffeine as well if I eat any of the things

If you are suffering anxiety and haven't had any health checks I suggest you do because a number of things such as an over active thyroid, hormone imbalances and also Hypoglacemia can cause it....Also Irritable bowel syndrome is another one assiciated with..

Anyway I thought I would just post up my thoughts to see if any other anxiety sufferes have any conditions ?

I hope your all having a great day :)

Peace

Itz Omi
05-26-2011, 10:06 PM
Yep, I have food intolerances and Leaky Gut Syndrome. (They pretty much go hand in hand - LGS can cause food allergies.) My biggest allergy is yeast, then eggs (mostly the whites), and to a lesser degree, wheat gluten.

Yes, food allergies can bring on anxiety attack symptoms. Not too long ago I went to a Chinese restaurant and had palpitations afterwards that creeped me out. I also got really bad palps one time after eating tortillas, to the point where I went to Urgent Care and had an EKG. I didn't realize it was the tortillas until I got palps again after eating some more of those same tortillas!!

butterfly585
05-26-2011, 11:20 PM
Oh my goodness I have the same problem, they have always said I have IBS blah blah blah, but they want to find the actual cause of it now...I know most of the foods that make me react but recently when I have been snacking frequently the anxiety has come back and frequently it's after I eat...Then the cycle begins. Do you get shaky for a couple of days when this happens to you?

Itz Omi
05-27-2011, 01:03 PM
Hmm, no, I don't know if I get shaky, but when I had that Chinese food, I had palps and ehart weirdness the rest of that day, and I think a bit of it even lingered for a day or two after that, randomly, to where it felt like my heart was "weakened" or something. It spooked me, though I knew it was most likely a reaction to the food.

The tortillas that make me have palps have a long list of unpronounceable stuff in them, so I must be allergic to an additive, because if I buy ones that have no additives I'm just fine!!

You may have LGS as well, often caused by Candida, which is caused by either antibiotic use or a poor diet (high in sugars, etc), stress, and whatnot. The Candida (yeast in your system that gets out of control) burrow into the gut and form root-like things that create holes that the food particles can seep through, and then the immune system goes to attack it, thinking there's an invader in your system. For some reason, traditional medical doctors don't often look for LGS. Some deny it even exists.

If you have LGS it can be cured, so it's nothing to freak out over. :) Just wanted to offer that as a possibility since your doctors are trying to look into your issues, and they might miss this one.