PDA

View Full Version : anxious breath

generalmac
05-26-2011, 11:55 AM
Hi there,

I know shortness of breath, tightness of chest and even throat are common symptoms of anxiety.. But I was wondering if anyone else has a problem like this..

Whenever I think about my breathing, I become hyper conscious of it and somehow forgetting how to breath normally causing myself to be extremely light headed. When I do not think about my breath I breathe normally... and so when I start to think about it I try to get myself not to but I end up taking either too long of breaths or not enough. It sounds crazy but it happens randomly to me... and eventually I start to feel like I cannot breath deep enough and it takes a while to distract myself and stop..

Anyone out there have this too?

donnabarry
05-26-2011, 12:13 PM
Hi i suffer from anxiety and panic attacks regulary i know deep down how you feel i get tightening in my chest all the time even as we speak i have pain in my chest. Its totally normal to have those symptoms you describe i find it hard to breath and have to take in bigger deep breaths to feel like ive had a good breath of air. hope ive helped and made you feel better i really feel for you and with that wish there was something to stop it, im looking at hypnotherapy not sure if it will work but its worth a go maybe its something to think about

Donna :)

generalmac
05-26-2011, 12:35 PM
hi! Yes, thank you:) it is always wonderful to hear I am not alone. It is crazy how these feelings come on separate from my anxiety. It is like my anxiety is present in the form of symptoms, haha
Hypnotherapy is a good one... I am looking into acupuncture right now.. everything is worth a try! :)

jon mike
05-27-2011, 12:32 AM
Hey, ye this is what I thought set off my anxiety in the first instance, I notice I always feel low before it starts, I'm controlling it much better now though, it's anxiety, I speak a little about it in my thread, it's called my anxiety story so far, might make you feel better? I now know that because you noticing your breathing isn't why the anxiety has come on but because it has actually sped up slightly bringing your attention to it. But it feels like ye, I've noticed my breathing, it is astrange one, but easily fixed my friend