PDA

View Full Version : hello

Pebbles in the sky
05-24-2011, 10:49 PM
hello
I have depresion. I am not diagnosed with anxity but I have that also. it is not diagnosed becuase it is part of another diagnosis that I have.
I take dopress for depresion and anxity. I take seroqel for sleep.
the medication is helping with my depresion but not anxiety. It is getting to the point where I feel sick at the thought of even leaving the house.
my family is getting very angry with me at the moment. they think I am being silly. But its real to me.
any advise?

ImJace
05-25-2011, 01:50 AM
Best advice is to remember you are not alone. I'm sorry your family feels that way, but trust me, there are lots of us who know how you feel. It's not silly at all. I had debilitating anxiety that turned into depression, it got so bad I was affraid of losing my job, and it did cause me to lose a relationship. I finally faced my fears, and went to the Dr. and got on something for my anxiety. I'm doing better than I ever have before. Not only because of the medication, but also because I took control.

Pebbles in the sky
05-25-2011, 02:05 AM
thank you so much. It is always nice to know that there are others. A little sad that there are so many strugerling with this though.

ImJace
05-25-2011, 02:56 PM
You know Pebbles, i've found the way I look at the world has a direct impact on my anxiety. You're right, it is sad that so many of us struggle with this, however everyone struggles with something. Some people are born with handicaps mentally and physically, others have to deal with life changing accidents, or health issues. Anxiety is just one of our hurdles in life, but with each hurdle we get over we become stronger. Turning your anxiety into a strength is not easy, but it's possible :)