PDA

View Full Version : Getting serious about treatment

kremling
05-22-2011, 01:47 PM
I have suffered from anxiety for as long as I can remember. My biggest problem from anxiety is that I have not been able to sleep for years, have a constant tightness in my chest, and have very very poor concentration. Even now it's hard to even make myself sit down, find sites like these, and take the time to post this. Im really mentally crippled and trapped.

My main question: What kind of treatment do you think I should get?

I have heard of cognitive behaviourl therapy but Im not sure if that's what I should do.

You know whats wierd, im almost positive I could be cured with the correct method. I have experimented with my thoughts and body and can sometimes make the tightness in my chest go away. And when I do that I feel really relaxed like it would be so easy to fall asleep. But I have never been able to get very far with these techniques.

Does anyone know what kind of therapy/cure I should try to cure these specific problems?

AND where do I start to look for it.

jon mike
05-22-2011, 03:30 PM
I know exactly what your saying, yes cbt sounds like a plan, just go an get it! Alternatively there is the linden method which is supposed to be good but ive never Tried it personally, good luck with it but get it done once and for all so you can live your life

ImJace
05-23-2011, 09:18 PM
You would be amazed at how much it helps just to talk about it with people who know exactly what you are experiencing. I coped with anxiety for 10 years, then recently decided to do something about it. I was very against medication, but did some research, talked to my Dr. and decided that I would go on 50mg of Pristiq. Also, facing my anxiety has helped so much. It's incredibly empowering to take control.

trackstar
06-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Give CBT a try. It has turned my life completely around and I'm far from alone in that, but you have to do the exercises like the TEA form Every day so dedication is key. I always recommend the CBT book that helped me called Been there, Done that? Do This! by Sam Obitz. It's short and simple. Good luck!