PDA

View Full Version : So scared!!

hck80
05-20-2011, 12:15 PM
I'm hoping someone can help me calm down : ( this is crazy but I'm really scared about having a routine eye test tomorrow, I'm convinced they will find a tumour or something awful : (( I have been having very mild headaches which I initially put down to anxiety and tension because my neck and shoulders are so painful!
I'm so scared!

Itz Omi
05-21-2011, 07:59 PM
Hi there!

I'm sorry nobody was able to get to your post in time. By now, you have had the test. How did it go? I'm sure everything went just fine! :)

ImJace
05-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Wow, you sound exactly like me. I used to have such a big problem with going to any medical examination. Finally I was able to get over it. If you want to chat about it, hit me up! Just remember, if you had a brain tumor you would have the worst headache of your life, it would never go away, among many other symptoms.

hck80
05-24-2011, 01:16 PM
Thank you for your replies, I was a nervous wreck having the eye test, I was almost having a panic attack through sheer terror. The good news is my eyes are fine yay! The optician must have thought I was being a drama queen, but I was petrified. My headaches have been better, I'm certain it's tension because it feels like it's my skull that's tender rather than actual headache

ImJace
05-24-2011, 01:50 PM
Don't every let your anxiety make you feel like a "drama queen". If anything we are very brave people to have to manage the effects of anxiety. Use this experience to empower yourself. Next time you think something is wrong with you, just remember your trip to the eye Dr. You were convinced they would find something wrong, but they didn't! :) - Also remember that there are 1001 reasons that we get headaches, and 1000 of them are nothing worth worrying about. :)