PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety + 8h on 1st Flight + alone

BakusPT
05-17-2011, 05:45 PM
Hi everyone,

So, i suffer from anxiety for 6/7 years now...i believe im starting to control it, at least i like to believe that.
I usually feel more anxiety or even some rare panic attacks on crowded places...usually places i dont know that well and are not in my confort zone list...i have a hard time riding the subway, bus, and i also get anxiety in car trips with usually more than half an hour...

And i have a MAJOR challenge this summer. I'm going from Portugal to the U.S on my first flight ever (to be with a girl, i know im crazy with a bit of dumbness for doing this while suffering from anxiety). 8 hours in a flying tin can...
I only took a 2,5mg Xanax in my whole life...i hate medication for its side effects and the dependency scares me, but i know that on rare occasions it wont hurt you.

I know for sure that i WILL take a Xanax for my trip this summer...I need some advises and personal experiences. I know that everybody reacts differently to medication but i felt pretty good when i took the 2,5mg Xanax and i was considering that for the flight... Im just petrified it wont do nothing...its like my only way out to get through this horrific plane trip... I just know that after that, if it went well ill feel the strongest guy in the world with a possibility of tears in th end of the flight :P

So...has anyone went through this? Xanax or anything else? Did it worked? what to do in a plane for so long? I wish i could fall asleep and be awakened at the destination...sigh

And i think that's it...

*shoo shoo anxiety