PDA

View Full Version : My first Airplane trip and long distance holiday post Anxiety and Panic Attacks:):):)

jar4u
05-14-2011, 01:56 AM
Hi Everybody,

I am very proud of myself today, as i have beaten most of my anxiety feelings and panic sensations and conquered my once crazy mind, which a year ago did not even let me go alone inside my own bathroom without the fear off passing away...Yes i have experienced the worst…absolutely the worst kind of Hypochondria's, Agoraphobia’s...and each and every sensations & symptoms related to Anxiety and panic attacks since past 1 year.

Yes this condition of ours is really crippling & seems life threatening every second of the day...i have gone through hell and back....but the moment you start to challenge your false self belief's and stop fearing the mental illusions created by this Condition of Anxious thinking, All seems to get back to normality...Yes Normality...:)

My Airplane Trip

I took my 1st 3 hour Airplane ride and back to a distant city a few days back, finished my assignments there and came back spending 2 days with a companion, yes was very nervous few hours before the flight...but the moment i got my ticket. I thought to myself, I have done this so many times before my anxiety condition and absolutely loved it... (Yes i Love to fly in Airplanes)...why should I BOW DOWN to this silly, stupid condition when everything is fine with me & around me, the moment I stepped on the flight my whole confidence came back and I had a super exciting flight...Yes some thought’s did creep up during the flight but I took it with a pinch of salt and all was great…I want to have more Air-Plane rides from now as I love it!!!!

Again being alone without family for 2 days did scare me a bit, but again challenged my false belief's, and went ahead with confidence, and all targets were met and finished my job with flying colours....On my way back was more than ecstatic on my achievement....yeah its funny for most people to call this an achievement...But for people like us with anxiety its indeed a big feet...You exactly know what I mean!!!

My 4 Day Family Vacation

Again after a week I went out on a vacation for 4 days with family, travelled 9 hours taking a bus trip that too in the night...sleep was hampered a lot due to this, I felt heavy and tight headed the next morning but as soon as I took my shower got in the mood of vacation, all the sensations were gone, I did travel a lot sight-seeing and visiting monumental places. By the evening the stress of travelling did make me feel a bit ruffled, But I did not care much about it...and all was great, also had a good sleep for all 3 nights, and the whole experience was fun and exciting...

I want to go out of town more and more from now on!!! as I think getting out to new place and meeting new people is the key to getting your sub-conscious mind learning new behaviour and fear less, and you getting out of your comfort zone and challenging your false self belief's works out very well in getting back the control over our Scared mind....

Now the only symptom i experience sometimes is Hypochondria....Fear of dying, loosing control, getting a heart attack...I have got over all the other crippling sensations....Panic attacks are a thing of the past...I don’t fear any of them...

I also have a interesting find here, I basically started of my anxiety condition due to excessive worry thinking of what if I don't get any job, what if I empty all my money, financial bank balance , what if I die of a heart attack due to so much worry and stress I am taking on myself...All these thoughts continuously for several weeks gave me my 1st panic attack...of racing heart, excessive belching/burping and stomach churning like crazy….Got Hospitalized…Got Laughed off by the doctors…and got sent home with all good health reports!!!!

But know after a year of suffering I have gained great knowledge about this condition through websites like these and also the Linden method which helped me immensely to understand what was going on with me and the fact that all the sensations and symptoms related with anxiety and panic disorder are totally harmless and not life threatening at all....I got over all the symptoms by following a proper diet, taking less stress, sleeping well and getting spiritual discourses.....

Now I strongly believe that I am on the last leg of my recovery and soon I will regain my self back....I believe it can be achieved, as it was me who got my self into this condition by excessive worrying...Now by doing the opposite I believe I can get myself out of it and regain my original calm mind back....

Hope all of you reading this, get the similar kind of confidence I got through proper knowledge and self belief and get over this dilapidating condition and regain your real calm self back....My sincere Prayers….And God Bless all of you:):)

jeremydoyle
05-14-2011, 11:51 AM
Wow, great message of hope jar4u!

How did you manage to reach this point and challenge your false beliefs? Did you get any help or did you do it all by yourself?

Thanks for sharing your amazing accomplishments and best of luck in your recovery :)

Ratzinger
05-14-2011, 01:49 PM
Congratulations jar4u! Thanks so much for sharing, this is really encouraging for those of us who are still struggling through. I wish you all the best for the future!

jar4u
05-15-2011, 01:07 AM
I did it all by myself, No doctors can help you all they can give you is medications(Anti-depressant's, sleeping pills) which will make you even worse...When there is actually nothing wrong with your health why should yo take medicines...There is no medicine in the world made to conquer fear...you have to do it all by yourself...And believe me Its simple, Right Knowledge is the Key, Just start believing very strongly that you are fine...everyday, every second and don't buy your anxiety sensations!!!!

Its all about challenging your mind and doing everything you fear to do, the sensations will get horrible and make u feel like you gonna collapse any second in public or at your work place, Heavy pressure in the head, ear, eyes, nose, Chest pains, chest tightness, de personalization/derealisation all might increase it did for me, but the moment you tell yourself...I don’t fear any of these sensations, I don’t mind if it gets more worse, lets see if it can get more worse than this.....The sensations start to vanish on by one. also as soon as you divert your mind into doing something new and stop giving your sensations any importance...the body starts to function properly and you will not feel a thing...And again as you keep on practicing this for sometime everyday or for me it was every hour due to very high anxiety...your Sub-conscious mind starts to not fear the sensations & thoughts and slowly everything starts to become normal....The key here is to know and believe very strongly that there is absolutely nothing wrong with your health and these are just silly and stupid sensations of Anxiety...Its all about self belief and challenging your False belief's created by you and fed into your sub-conscious. Which in turn reacts with fear...even when there is nothing to fear!!!!??
And keep yourself busy with good work, family and friends. the more you isolate yourself or become idle without any work...negative thoughts will creep in and slowly try to get you back into anxious thinking cycle....Do all the things you fear everyday and you will be successful......i read it, applied it and its working for me everyday...do it more and more and you will surely get most of yourself back soon…Also try to get your hands on the Linden Method, it helped me immensely.....God Bless all:):):)...My sincere Prayers!!!

jon mike
05-15-2011, 07:16 AM
Great that is, I did my first plane ride 2 yrs ago, made me laugh how much I'd feared it, good to hear a success story, hopefully I'll be writing one soon